COVID-19 Protocols: Update Monday 6th April
We hope you are well during these unusual circumstances.
In light of the current social distancing recommendations, we have adapted our protocols.
Veterinary care has been declared an ‘essential service’.
We are currently ONLY SEEING CATS that require IMMEDIATE ATTENTION:
- Breathing difficulties.
- Difficulty urinating.
- Not eating for longer than 24 hours, vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
Follow up visits for existing cases:
- If your cat does not appear stable/improved (eg eating, urinating, demeanour).
- If your cat is on any medication.
Please note: Cases that can wait include:
- Prophylactic care like annual check ups, vaccinations or nail clipping.
- Certain routine checks, for example most dental checks.
Please note that these are guidelines only; there are grey areas.
Call or email us if you have any doubt and are worried about your cat.
Please note our social distancing guidelines:
IS IT OKAY TO COME TO THE CAT HOSPITAL?
Please DO NOT COME IN if:
- You’re experiencing any symptoms like sore throat or elevated temperature
- You have been overseas within the last 14 days
- You need to self-isolate
– phone us for advice and we can discuss how best to attend to your cat’s needs.
COMING TO THE CAT HOSPITAL
In line with social distancing recommendations, we are keeping waiting times to a minimum. We ask you to:
- Limit the number of people bringing your cat to just one owner.
- When arriving for your appointment, please wait outside (eg in your car).
- Please phone us on arrival and we can return the phone call to welcome you into the clinic when we are ready to see your pet.
- If you haven’t come by car, your cat can wait at reception, but please stay outside until ready to be seen.
- Remember that we are trying to avoid congregating.
Please use hand sanitisers located in the clinic on arrival and after the consultation.
Please phone ahead to order required prescription medicine repeats or food, worming and flea control so we can arrange to have them ready for you without the need to wait.
- We request that all transactions to be made by card only (we are not accepting cash)
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. This situation is rapidly evolving, and we will provide updates as required.